The Askew School seeks to advise students to choose the elective courses that seem best suited for their own individual expected career path. In our MPA Handbook provide career advice and course lists suited for seven different career paths.
• Local Government Administration
• Public Financial Management
• Leadership and Strategic Management
• Policy Analysis and Evaluation Methods
• Managing Nonprofit Management
• Emergency Management and Homeland Security
• International and Non-Governmental Organizations
The School offers joint master degree programs with the Department of Urban and Regional Planning, the College of Social Work, The College of Criminology and Criminal Justice, and the College of Law. These joint degree programs enable students to become fully qualified in two complementary fields of professional study.
The School also offers several graduate level certificate programs. These certificates may be earned by persons who do not seek a graduate degree. MPA students may also choose to earn a certificate during their MPA studies. The following certificates are available for study --
· Emergency Management
· Public Financial Management Certificate
· Florida City and County Management
· Health Services Administration and Policy